It’s T-minus 8 hours before the Global Social Business Summit 2014 opens its doors for delegates around the globe to meet the ever-inspiring Prof. Muhammad Yunus and a line up of great speakers and practitioners. How do I feel? FREAKING NERVOUS!!!
I have always been the behind-the-scene guy who mainly involved in hands-on and do-or-die kinda work. I LOVE being a proactive team member and also contribute to my team’s success. Recognition? Sometimes I do feel it’s important but most of the time, I just couldn’t care less. As a supporting team member, it’s very RARE to see me networking with other delegates, sharing my experience over coffee with strangers, or even having a small talk while queuing for food at events. I’m just so shy like that! But ironically, I am a part of myHarapan’s Youth ENGAGEMENT Department. Heh.
Having said that, as this is the first time I am representing myHarapan on a global scale, and I have to step up my game! I was given the trust (and a whole lot of KPIs too!), so this is a chance for me to meet and mingle, learn and earn, and also to apply whatever tips, skills, tools, etc. for the betterment of my beloved country, MALAYSIA! ☺
My to-do list for the next two days:
• Learn new ideas, innovative approach, and other related educational opportunities regarding Social Business
• Meet Social Business practitioners and experts to get their views on best practices that can be easily replicated
• Seek interest of potential partners, speakers, and volunteers for myHarapan’s upcoming events
• Get as many name cards as possible (knowing them too, of course!)
• HAVE FUN!!! (by taking lots and lots of selfies)